A summary of The Gospel:
- We’ve sinned which makes us an enemy of God, because He is perfect (Romans 3:23, John 3:16)
- Our sin has earned us spiritual death, which is separation from God forever (Romans 6:23)
- He is merciful (Romans 5:8), and chose to save all who call on Him by faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) and repent of sin (Luke 13:3), only because of a perfect sacrifice, Jesus (John 1:29)
- Jesus lived sinless in the flesh, defeated death and sin for us, while absorbing God’s wrath as a result of our sin (2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Corinthians 15:54)
- When we understand our sinful position, our need for Jesus, and trust in Jesus’ work, we confess that to God, then we are saved from God’s future wrath, and totally forgiven for our sin (Romans 10:9-10,13)
The Gospel from The Bible:
- John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 10:9-10 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
- Romans 10:13 For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
A video summary of The Gospel: